As I sit here on the last evening of my 20’s I am feeling very blessed and honoured of the journey that I have been on. It has not been a smooth ride but where would the fun be if it was?
Over this past 29 years I have learned so much about myself and life in general, I love observing others, observing nature and working out where we all sit in this amazing world. I feel that I have grown so much in this time and am so excited for what it yet to come. My 20’s feel like a bridge between the old and new and as I am on the cusp of 30, I am ready to embrace and embody the full me.
- Put yourself first!
- Question EVERYTHING
- Kick-off your shoes and walk barefoot as much as possible
- Stop listening to that fu#king voice in your head that pull’s you back
- Be honest with yourself, nobody likes a bull-shitter so why is it ok to BS yourself?
- Pick up litter if you see it, don’t expect others to do it for you
- Smile and say hello to strangers
- LISTEN when people are talking
- Put down your phone more often and just be present
- Move your body every moment you can, it doesn’t have to be exercise, just MOVEment
- BREATH, connect with your breath, explore your breath, respect your breath & meditate
- Stop and look at the simple things in life; a bird swooping through the air, the trees blowing in the wind, ants walking along the path
- Get out in nature more often
- Get the hell out of your comfort zone more often, nothing can ever grow there
- Work on yourself daily-and I mean do the hard work, ask the hard fu#king questions, face up to your BS stories and put in the effort!
- Ask for help when needed
- Put your ego aside
- Work with integrity with all that you do
- If it doesn’t feel right, it’s not right… listen to your gut/follow your instincts
- Listen to music more often and dance
- Have faith and belief in yourself more, if you believed in yourself half as much as those around you did, how different could your life be?
- Respect Mother Earth, and every living creature on it
- Observe children and the beauty in their innocence; learn how you can implement more of this into your own life
- Follow your passion, and if you have a whole heap of BS stories in your head as to why you can’t just yet, who are you really kidding?
- Money isn’t everything but it is still a necessity, learn how to have a healthy relationship with it and understand its energy exchange
- Respect your elders and learn from them
- Open/hold the door for others
- Tell the people you love that you love them more often
- Look at yourself in the mirror as much as you can and don’t look away until you can feel the love looking back at you
- Honor the life you have, life it with love, connection, integrity, wonder and joy!
Ps. One last one for good measure: DON’T regret your mistakes because they were never mistakes. They were the choices that you had to make at a specific time to direct you to where you are right now… Just learn from the experience 🙂
Peace & Love,